|Born||Eugene Curran Kelly
August 23, 1912
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Died||February 2, 1996 (aged 83)
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
|Years active||1942 - 1985|
|Spouse||Betsy Blair (1941-1957)
Jeanne Coyne (1960-1973)
Patricia Ward (1990-1996)
Kelly was a great example of 20th century filmed dance, famous for his energetic and athletic dancing style, his good looks and the likeable characters that he played on screen. Although he is probably most famous today for his act in Singin' in the Rain, he was the most important actor in the Hollywood musical movie industry from the mid 1940s until its decadence in the late 1950s. In 1999, the American Film Institute named Kelly among the Greatest Male Stars of All Time, ranking at No. 15.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Gene Kelly at the Internet Movie Database
- Gene Kelly at the TCM Movie Database
- Gene Kelly at the Internet Broadway Database
- The Gene Kelly Awards - University of Pittsburgh
- Obituary, NY Times, February 3, 1996
- Naval Intelligence File on Gene Kelly
- Gene Kelly - An American Life - PBS
- Gene Kelly at TV.com
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Gene Kelly|