Beverly Hills, California
City in California
|City of Beverly Hills|
"Garden Spot of the World", "B.H.", "Bev Hills", "90210"
|Incorporated||January 28, 1914|
|Named for||Beverly Farms|
|• Mayor||Julian A. Gold, MD|
|• Vice mayor||John Mirisch|
|• City council||Lili Bosse |
|• City Manager||Mahdi Aluzri|
|• Total||5.71 sq mi (14.79 km2)|
|• Land||5.71 sq mi (14.78 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.01 km2) 0.04%|
|Elevation||259 ft (79 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||6,076.91/sq mi (2,346.29/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (PDT)|
|Area codes||310/424, 323|
|GNIS feature IDs||1652672, 2409840|
Beverly Hills is bordered on the east by the city of West Hollywood, on the north by Bel-Air and the Santa Monica Mountains, the Carthay neighborhood of Los Angeles, and the Fairfax District of Los Angeles, and on the south by the Beverlywood.
The largest and most expensive homes in Los Angeles County and in the United States are in Beverly Hills. These homes range from really large and luxurious, to more common and modern homes, and then to smaller homes with less than 3,000 square feet (280 m2), which is still quite large.
In 2007, Coldwell Banker lists Beverly Hills as having the most expensive houses. The houses in Beverly Hills cost a lot. They can cost over 2 million dollars.[source?] However the houses are large, spacious, and fancy and that is why a lot of celebrities live there, and also because it is close to Hollywood.
References[change | change source]
- "California Cities by Incorporation Date". California Association of Local Agency Formation Commissions. Archived from the original (Word) on November 3, 2014. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "The City of Beverly Hills Mayor and Council Members". Beverlyhills.org. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- "Biography of Interim City Manager Mahdi Aluzri". City of Beverly Hills. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 19, 2017.
- "Beverly Hills". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- "Beverly Hills (city) QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on August 16, 2012. Retrieved February 9, 2015.