Jump to navigation Jump to search
13 February 1903
|Died||4 September 1989 (aged 86)|
|Pen name||"G. Sim"|
|Notable awards||Académie royale de Belgique (1952)|
Georges Joseph Christian Simenon (French: [ʒɔʁʒ simnɔ̃]; 13 February 1903 – 4 September 1989) was a Belgian writer. He published nearly 200 novels and many short works. Simenon is best known as the creator of the fictional detective Jules Maigret.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Georges Simenon|
- Carvel Collins (Summer 1955). "Georges Simenon, The Art of Fiction No. 9". The Paris Review. Summer 1955 (9).
- Centre d'études Georges Simenon et Fonds Simenon de l'Université de Liège
- Selected Bibliography & Selected Maigret films Archived 2008-05-16 at the Wayback Machine
- Simenon's Inspector Maigret - Includes complete bibliography & English translation checklist
- Simenon at New York Review of Books