Georgio de Chirico
Giorgio de Chirico was an Italian painter. He was born on June 10, 1888 in Volos, Greece. His parents were Italians. He died on November 20, 1978 in Rome, Italy. His best paintings were made from 1911-1917. In 1910 he met and became a friend of the family of publishers Emilio Bestetti, and began working as illustrating for the publishing house Bestetti Edizioni d'Arte in Rome and in Milan. In 1924 and 1932 participated in Venice Biennale and 1935 to Quadrennial of Rome. Giorgio De Chirico had only one pupil the painter Luca Bestetti, who did private lessons at his home, being an illustrator dependent of the publishing company of his father Carlo Bestetti.
Bibliography[change | change source]
- (IT) BALDACCI Paolo, FAGIOLO DELL’ARCO Maurizio (1982), Giorgio de Chirico Parigi 1924-1930, Galleria Philippe Daverio, Milano 1982, pp. 22.
- (IT) BRANDANI Edoarto (a cura di), DI GENOVA Giorgio, BONFIGLIOLI Patrizia (1999), Giorgio de Chirico, catalogo dell'opera grafica 1969-1977, Edizioni Bora, Bologna 1990 (1999), pp. 247.
- (IT) CAVALESI Maurizio, MORI Gioia (2007), De Chirico, Giunti Editore, Firenze 1988 (2007), pp. 50.
- (IT) FAGIOLO DELL'ARCO Maurizio (1999), L'opera completa di de Chirico 1908-1924, Rizzoli, Milano 1984 (1999), pp. 121.
- (IT) FAGIOLO DELL'ARCO Maurizio (1991), Giorgio de Chirico carte, Extra Moenia Arte Moderna, Todi 1991, pp. 64.
- (IT) FAGIOLO DELL'ARCO Maurizio,CAVALLO luigi (1985), De Chirico. Disegni inediti (1929), Edizioni grafiche Tega, Milano 1985, pp. 140.
- (IT) GIMFERRER Pere (1988), De Chirico, 1888-1978, opere scelte, Rizzoli, Milano 1988, pp. 128.
- (IT) HOLZHEY Magdalena (2006), De Chirico, Taschen, Kölon (D) 2006, pp. 96.
- (IT) MORI Gioia (2007), De Chirico metafisico, Giunti, Firenze 2007, pp. 50.
- (IT) PONTIGGIA Elena, GAZZANEO Giovanni (2012), Giorgio de Chirico. L’Apocalisse e la luce, Silvana Editoriale, Cinisellobalsamo 2012, pp. 119.