|Original author(s)||Linus Torvalds|
|Developer(s)||Junio Hamano, Linus Torvalds, and many others|
|Initial release||April 7, 2005|
2.10.0 / 2 September 2016
|Operating system||Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X|
|Available in||C, Bourne Shell, Perl|
|License||GNU General Public License v2|
Git (//) is a distributed revision control system that was made to be fast. Git was created by Linus Torvalds for use in developing the Linux kernel. Git's current development is looked after by Junio Hamano. Git is free and open source software released under the GNU General Public License version 2 software license.
References[change | change source]
- Junio C Hamano. "[ANNOUNCE] Git v2.10.0". Retrieved 30 September 2016.
- "git/git.git/tree". git.kernel.org. Retrieved 2011-11-30.
- Linus Torvalds (2005-04-07). "Re: Kernel SCM saga..". linux-kernel mailing list. http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=111288700902396. Retrieved 2011-11-30. "So I'm writing some scripts to try to track things a whole lot faster."
Other websites[change | change source]
|The English Wikibooks has more information on:|
- Official website
- Git Community Book
- Introduction to git-svn for Subversion/SVK users and deserters by Sam Vilain
- Git for computer scientists
- Git Magic: a comprehensive listing of Git tips & tricks
- Git Quick Reference
- Linus Torvalds hosting a Google Tech Talk on Git
- Git Wiki at kernel.org