Glass-reinforced plastic (GRP), is a composite material or fibre-reinforced polymer made of a plastic reinforced by fine fibers made of glass. Like carbon fibre reinforced plastic, the composite material is commonly referred to by the name of its reinforcing fibres (fibreglass).
Other benefits include:
- It has a good weight to strength ratio
- It is corrosion resistant
- It is water resistant
- It is light weight
Applications of GRP[change | change source]
- Sail planes, Sports cars, micro cars, karts, lorries, wind turbine blades.
- Pods, domes and architectural features where a light weight is needed
- Bullet-proof glass
- Roofing products
- Protective sleeving for RF Antennas