Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Died||September 30, 2015 (aged 74)|
|Known for||Altarelli-Parisi equations|
|Institutions||Sapienza University of Rome, University of Roma Tre|
Awards[change | change source]
- Member of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- 2011 Julius Wess Award for Outstanding Achievements in Elementary Particle and Astroparticle Physics - The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- 2012 J. J. Sakurai Prize for Theoretical Particle Physics - The American Physical Society
- High Energy and Particle Physics Prize - EPS HEPP Prize, 2015.
References[change | change source]
- "Guido Altarelli (1941 - 2015)". CERN Bulletin (41 & 42, Mon 05 Oct year = 2015). Missing pipe in:
- Maiani, Luciano; Martinelli, Guido (19 Oct 2018). "Guido Altarelli". Annual Review of Nuclear and Particle Science. Annual Reviews. 68 (1): 1–15. doi:10.1146/annurev-nucl-101917-021029. ISSN 0163-8998.
- "Faces and places: Polish institute makes Guido Altarelli honorary professor". CERN Courier. 53 (10): 33. December 2013.
- Schaeffer, Anaïs (February 2012). "I can't wait to find out what Nature has in store for us". CERN Bulletin. 06-07.