|Born||December 11, 1996 
Tarzana, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
||This biographical article does not give any references or sources. (June 2013)|
Hailee Steinfeld (born December 11, 1996) is an American Hollywood Actress. She becomes famous in the 2010 remake film True Grit as Mattie Ross, which she was nominated for an Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actress and other Awards and Nomination overseas.
Early life[change | edit source]
Steinfeld was born in Tarzana, Los Angeles. Her mother is Cheri (née Domasin), an interior designer. Her father is Peter Steinfeld, a personal fitness trainer. Her father is Jewish and her mother is of English, Filipino and German descent. Her maternal grandfather, Ricardo Domasin is a Filipino, from Bohol, Philippines. Her older brother, Griffin, is a stock car driver. Steinfeld calls him her best friend on some of her Tweets. She was raised in Agoura Hills and in Thousand Oaks, California. She attended Ascension Lutheran School, Conejo Elementary, and Colina Middle School. She has been home-schooled since 2008, because of bullying and her acting career.
References[change | edit source]
- Riley, Jenelle (December 13, 2010). "A Girl With 'Grit'". Back Stage. http://www.backstage.com/bso/news-and-features-features/a-girl-with-grit-1004134005.story. Retrieved December 20, 2010.
- Strauss, Bob (December 18, 2010). "Thousand Oaks teen Hailee Steinfeld earns nods for big role in 'True Grit'". Los Angeles Daily News. http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_16894415. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- Garza, Oscar (February 25, 2011). "Hailee Steinfeld’s True Colors". L.A. Forward. Retrieved March 5, 2011.
- Tugend, Tom (January 27, 2011). "Coens’ ‘Grit’ at top of Oscar list, with a king and a social networker". JewishJournal.com. http://www.jewishjournal.com/oscars/article/oscars_jewish_nominees_israel_does_not_make_the_cut_20110125/. Retrieved March1 1, 2011.
- "Hailee Steinfeld". EthniCelebs. http://ethnicelebs.com/hailee-steinfeld.
- Lee, Michael J. (December 9, 2010). "Hailee Steinfeld on 'True Grit'". RadioFree.com. http://www.radiofree.com/profiles/hailee_steinfeld/interview01.shtml. Retrieved January 10, 2011.
- Lindell, Karen (December 24, 2010). "Hailee Steinfeld is still in a daze over the accolades she's receiving for 'True Grit'". Ventura County Star. http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/dec/24/really-me-hailee-steinfeld-of-thousand-oaks-is-a/. Retrieved March 8, 2011.