Halyna Hutchins (Ukrainian: Галина Хатчінс, romanized: Halyna Hatchyns; 1979 – 21 October 2021) (née Androsovych; Ukrainian: Андросович) was a Ukrainian cinematographer and journalist. Her career began in 2015 and worked on over 30 movies and television shows. Her best known works were Archenemy, Darlin', and Blindfire. Hutchins was born in Horodets, then-Soviet Union.
On 21 October 2021, Hutchins was working in Santa Fe, New Mexico on the set of Rust, when actor Alec Baldwin accidentally fired a prop gun shooting her. She later died from her injuries at a hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the age of 42.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Rahman, Abid (22 October 2021). "Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins Dies at 42 After Prop Gun Incident on Alec Baldwin Film". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 22 October 2021.
- "Ukrainian MFA confirms Cameraman Halyna Hutchins, who died in USA, had Ukrainian citizenship". Interfax-Ukraine. 2021-10-22. Retrieved 2021-10-22.
- Rottenberg, Josh (October 22, 2021). "Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins killed by a prop gun, just as her career was taking off". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 22, 2021.
- Lock, Samantha; Harding, Luke (2021-10-22). "Alec Baldwin kills woman by firing prop gun on film set of Rust". The Guardian.
- Maddaus, Gene; Saperstein, Pat (October 21, 2021). "Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, Injured Director". Variety. Retrieved October 22, 2021.
- James, Meg; Anousha, Sakoui (October 22, 2021). "Alec Baldwin discharged prop gun that killed woman on movie set, sheriff says". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 22, 2021.