Rosling at the 2012 Time 100 gala
|Born||27 July 1948|
|Died||7 February 2017 (aged 68)|
|Alma mater||Uppsala University|
St. John's Medical College
|Known for||Gapminder Foundation|
|Thesis||Cassava, Cyanide, and Epidemic Spastic Paraparesis: A Study in Mozambique on Dietary Cyanide Exposure (1986)|
He was the Professor of International Health at Karolinska Institutet and was the co-founder and chairman of the Gapminder Foundation. He helped develop the Trendalyzer software system. He rose to international fame after producing a TED Talk in which he promoted the use of data to explore development issues.
References[change | change source]
- "Hans Rosling: Asia's rise -- how and when". TED Conferences. November 2009. Retrieved 6 December 2009.
- "Hans Rosling är död - DN.SE". DN.SE (in Swedish). 2017-02-07. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "Hans Rosling". Karolinska Institutet.
Professor of Public Health Science at the Department of Public Health Sciences since 1997
- "Hans Rosling". Ted.com. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "Sad to announce: Hans Rosling passed away this morning". Gapminder Foundation. 7 February 2017. Retrieved 7 February 2017.