Hawthorne Heights at the University of Scranton in 2007.
|Genres||Pop punk, emo, alternative rock, post-hardcore|
|Labels||Victory, Wind-up, Cardboard Empire|
|Associated acts||A Day in the Life|
|Past members||Casey Calvert|
Hawthorne Heights are an American rock band. They formed in 2001 and were originally called "A Day in the Life" but later changed their name and lineup.
They have released three albums and a number of singles. Their album titled Fragile Future was released on August 5, 2008, in the United States and on August 11, 2008, in the United Kingdom. Their most recent album is called Skeletons, and was made available on June 1, 2010. Their other albums include If Only You Were Lonely and The Silence in Black and White. They spawned emo classics such as "Saying Sorry" and "Ohio Is for Lovers".
Casey Calvert, who played guitar and did the screaming for the band, died on November 24, 2007, and another member found him in the morning. They had to push back touring etc., and had started on a tour already and had big plans.
Later, another person in the band, Micah Carli, started doing the harsh death growl vocals for the band.
They have had many tours including the Never Sleep Again tour, the Warped Tour and Projekt Revolution. They played the Never Sleep Again tour with fellow band Silverstein.
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
|Release date||Title||Label||Chart positions||RIAA certification
||US Ind.||UK Indie|
|June 1, 2004||The Silence in Black and White||Victory Records||56||3||Platinum||1,000,000+|
|February 28, 2006||If Only You Were Lonely||Victory Records||3||1||85||Gold||500,000+|
|August 5, 2008||Fragile Future||Victory Records||23||4||13|
|June 1, 2010||Skeletons||Wind-Up Records|
Singles[change | change source]
|2004||"Ohio Is for Lovers"||34||-||-||The Silence in Black and White|
|2006||"Saying Sorry"||7||87||38||If Only You Were Lonely|
|2006||"This Is Who We Are"||-||-||-|
|2006||"Pens and Needles"||-||-||-|
|2008||"Rescue Me"||-||-||-||Fragile Future|
|2008||"Somewhere In Between"||-||-||-|
Tribute albums[change | change source]
- Arteries Untold: The String Quartet Tribute to Hawthorne Heights
Videography[change | change source]
- This Is Who We Are (DVD)
Members[change | change source]
Current[change | change source]
- JT Woodruff – lead vocals, guitars (2001–Present)
- Micah Carli – lead guitar, backing vocals (2001–Present)
- Matt Ridenour – bass, backing vocals (2001–Present)
- Eron Bucciarelli – drums (2001–Present)
Previous[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
- Hawthorne Heights songs
- Ohio Is for Lovers
- Niki Fm
- Silver Bullet
- Saying Sorry
- This Is Who We Are
- Pens and Needles
- Sugar in the Engine
- The Transition
- Hawthorne Heights albums
References[change | change source]
- "Hawthorne Heights promise new album, reveal late year dates". Live Daily News. Archived from the original on 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "The Official UK Indie Charts for the week ending 23 August 2008". ChartsPlus. Milton Keynes: IQ Ware Ltd (365): 15.
- Hawthorne Heights Singles Chronology Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine. Billboard.com. Accessed April 25, 2007.
- Zobbel (2007-06-16). "Chart Log UK". Zobbel. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Hawthorne Heights Guitarist Casey Calvert Dies Of Unknown Causes". MTV.com. 2007-11-27. Retrieved 2008-08-23.