Fok Koon Tai
10 May 1923
|Died||28 October 2006 (aged 83)|
|Resting place||Hong Kong|
Henry Fok (10 May 1923 – 28 October 2006) was a Hong Kong businessman. His Chinese name is Fok Ying Tung (霍英东). Henry Fok had a good relationship with the Communist Party of China. Fok was the Vice Chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference from 1993 to 2006. In 2006, Forbes Magazine ranked Henry Fok the 9th richest tycoon in Hong Kong and 181st richest tycoon in the world. He had a net worth of ＄3.7 billion. Fok died in Beijing in 2006.
Henry Fok's oldest son is Timothy Fok. Timothy Fok was a member of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong from 1998 to 2012. His ex-wife is Hong Kong beauty pageant winner Loletta Chu. Olympic champion Guo Jingjing is the wife of Kenneth Fok. Kenneth is Henry's grandson.
References[change | change source]
- 東西名人雜誌, WE PEOPLE (5 January 2015). "白手起家、美女、兄弟鬩牆，所有戲劇元素都到齊：富可敵國的香港霍家傳奇". The News Lens 關鍵評論網 (in Chinese).
- "A life that reflected change - The Standard". www.thestandard.com. Archived from the original on 22 May 2011.
- "CHINA BANK LINKED TO OOCL BAILOUT | JOC.com". www.joc.com.
- "Forbes List Directory". Forbes.
- "Henry Fok Ying-tung: The man who helped build a stronger China - Chinadaily.com.cn". www.chinadaily.com.cn.