Henry Wessel Jr.
Henry Wessel (1942 – September 20, 2018) was an American photographer. He was born in Teaneck, New Jersey. He was the recipient of two Guggenheim Fellowships and three National Endowment for the Arts grants.
His photographs are included in the permanent collections of major American, European, and Asian museums. His work were exhibited at the Tate Modern in London, the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
References[change | change source]
- Mathias, James F. Letter to Henry Wessel Jr. March 23, 1971. John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation.TS.
- Ray, Gordon N. Letter to Henry Wessel Jr. March 15, 1978. John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation.TS.
- Zander, Thomas, ed. (2007). Henry Wessel. Göttingen, Germany: Steidl. ISBN 978-3865213914.
- "Exhibition Press Release - SFMOMA Presents Henry Wessel: Photographs". San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Archived from the original on 7 July 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Jenkins, William. New Topographics: Photographs of a Man-Altered Landscape. Catalogue. Rochester, NY: International Museum of Photography at the George Eastman House, 1975.
- Henry Wessel, prominent Bay Area photographer, dies