The Home Depot (or Home Depot) is a company in the United States. It sells things for people to improve their homes and build things. It has over 2,000 stores. The Home Depot's main office is in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Home Depot makes more money than any other home improvement store. It is the fourth largest store in general. The stores are very big, like a warehouse. They are usually 105,000 square feet. (9,755 square meters). The biggest Home Depot is 225,000 square feet. It is in Union, New Jersey.
History[change | change source]
Bernie Marcus, Arthur Blank, Ron Brill and Pat Farrah founded The Home Depot in 1978. They wanted to have warehouses to sell home-improvement tools and materials. A banker named Ken Langone helped them get enough money.
|“||"Bernie and I founded
The Home Depot with a special vision -- to create a company that would keep alive the values that were important to us. Values like respect among all people, excellent customer service and giving back to communities and society."
The two founders, Marcus and Blank retired in 2000. Robert Nardelli became the new CEO.
References[change | change source]
- "The Home Depot Names Helen Johnson-Leipold to Its Board of Directors". News Releases. The Home Depot. November 17, 2006. http://ir.homedepot.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=219054.
- "Corporate and Financial Overview." The Home Depot. Retrieved on April 24, 2009. "Headquarters: Atlanta Store Support Center, 2455 Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30339"
- "Ward Map." (Archive). City of Smyrna. Retrieved on July 4, 2011.
- "Vinings CDP, Georgia." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on July 4, 2011.
- Top 100 Retailers: The Nation's Retail Power Players (PDF), Stores, July 2009.
- "Home Depot Corporate website: Our History". Home Depot Corporate website: Our History. http://corporate.homedepot.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDdwNHH0sfE3M3AzMPJ8MAV0sDKADKR2LKmxrD5fHr9vPIz03VL8iNKAcAodaFaQ!!/dl2/d1/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnB3LzZfMEcwQUw5TDQ3RjA2SEIxUEY5MDAwMDAwMDA!/. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Roush, Chris "Inside Home Depot" McGraw Hill
- "Robert Nardelli Resigns as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Home Depot and Is Succeeded by Frank Blake". News Releases. The Home Depot. January 3, 2007. http://ir.homedepot.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=63646&p=irol-newsArticle_Print&ID=1267184.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Home Depot|