Hong Kong Stock Exchange
|The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited|
|Owner||Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing|
|Key people||Li Xiaojia, Charles (CEO)|
Chow Chung-kong (Chairman)
|Currency||HKD, CNY, USD|
|No. of listings||2,062 (2017)|
|MarketCap||HKD 30.54 trillion (2017)|
|Volume||HKD 26.09 trillion (2015)|
|Indexes||Hang Seng Index|
The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (sometimes shortened to SEHK), is a stock exchange located in Hong Kong. It is East Asia's and Asia's third largest stock exchange in terms of market capitalization behind the Tokyo Stock Exchange and Shanghai Stock Exchange, and the sixth largest in the world before Euronext. As of 31 October 2016, SEHK had 1,955 listed companies, 989 of which are from mainland China (Red chip, H share and P chip), 856 from Hong Kong and 110 from other countries and region (e.g. Macau, Taiwan, Malaysia, United States, Singapore, etc.)  Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing owns SEHK and is itself listed on SEHK.
References[change | change source]
- HKEX Fact Book 2015 (PDF). HKEX. p. 1. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-08-29. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Hang Seng (HSI)". Investing.com. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Our Markets". Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing. 31 October 2016. Archived from the original on 26 September 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- "End of an era for HK trading floor". BBC News.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2018-02-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)