| class6 = label
| label6 = Headquarters
| data6 =
1015 Fifteenth Street, NW
Washington, D.C., United States
| label7 = Coordinates | data7 = | label8 = Origins | data8 = RAND Corporation | label9 = Key people | data9 = | label10 = Area served | data10 = United States of America | label11 = Product(s) | data11 = | label12 = Services | data12 = | label13 = Focus | data13 = | class13 = category | label14 = Mission | data14 = | label15 = Method | data15 = | label16 = Revenue | data16 = $10,000,000+ | label17 = Endowment | data17 = | label18 = Volunteers | data18 = | label19 = Employees | data19 = 70+ | label20 = Members | data20 = | label21 = Subsidiaries | data21 = | label22 = Owner | data22 = | class23 = note | label23 = Motto | data23 = Celebrating a half century of forging ideas that promote security, prosperity, and freedom | label24 = Formerly called | data24 = | label25 = Website | data25 = www.hudson.org | label26 = Dissolved | data26 =
| below = }}
The Hudson Institute is an American conservative non-profit think tank based in Washington D.C. It was founded in 1961 in Croton-on-Hudson, New York, by futurist, military strategist, and systems theorist Herman Kahn and his colleagues at the RAND Corporation.
The Institute is committed to innovative research and analysis that promotes ‘global security, prosperity and freedom’. It promotes public policy change in accordance with its stated values:
- "commitment to free markets and individual responsibility, confidence in the power of technology to assist progress, respect for the importance of culture and religion in human affairs, and determination to preserve America's national security".
References[change | change source]
- "Hudson Institute profile on CharitiyNavigator.org". Charitynavigator.org. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- Sherry Slater (2011-12-18). "Orthopedic tax pains". The Journal Gazette. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "Hudson Institute > About Hudson > Mission Statement". Hudson.org. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- The Hudson Institute, "Mission Statement", accessed April 15, 2008.
- a conservative group that ranks non-profits and documents their funding
- Capital Research profile (archived site)