Identity could mean:
Philosophy[change | change source]
- Identity (philosophy) is the sameness of two things.
- Identity theory of mind, in the philosophy of mind, holds that the mind is identical to the brain
- Personal identity
Mathematics[change | change source]
- An identity is an equality that holds regardless of the values of its variables.
- An identity object is an entity that does not change other objects; identity function, identity element and identity matrix
Social science and psychology[change | change source]
- Identity (social science). In the social sciences, identity has specific meanings, stemming from cognitive theory, sociology, politics, and psychology.
- Cultural identity is a person's self-affiliation (or categorization by others) as a member of a cultural group.
- Gender identity is the gender with which a person identifies (or is identified by others).
- Digital identity is the representation of identity in terms of digital information.
- Online identity is the digital identity established by computer network users.
- Psychological identity is the concept that an individual has a unique identity developed relatively late in history.
Business[change | change source]
- An accounting identity is a basic accounting formulation that must, by construction, hold; for example, the balance sheet of a company must balance. The term may also be used to apply to formulations in economics that have the same characteristics, for example, the balance of payments must balance.
- Corporate identity is the physical manifestation of a business brand.
- Identity theft is the deliberate appropriation of someone else's identity (without that person's permission) for criminal purposes.
Computer science[change | change source]
- Identity (object-oriented programming), a property of objects that allows those objects to be distinguished from each other.
- Identity column in SQL Server represents a database field whose values are automatically generated by the server, and uniquely identify a row in the table.
Religion[change | change source]
- Christian Identity, a controversial religious belief which holds that Europeans and their descendents are the Biblical Israel
Television, film, music and literature[change | change source]
- Identity (novel), a novel written by Milan Kundera
- Identity (movie), a movie directed by James Mangold, starring, among others, John Cusack
- Identity (album), an album from Zee with Richard Wright and Dave Harris
- Identity (music), a transformation of pitches in music
- Identity (game show), a game show on NBC hosted by Penn Jillette
Related pages[change | change source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.