Jump to navigation Jump to search
Identity could mean:
Philosophy[change | change source]
- Identity (philosophy) is the sameness of two things.
- Identity theory of mind, in the philosophy of mind, holds that the mind is identical to the brain
- Personal identity
Mathematics[change | change source]
- An identity is an equality that holds regardless of the values of its variables.
- An identity object is an entity that does not change other objects; identity function, identity element and identity matrix
Social science and psychology[change | change source]
- Identity (social science). In the social sciences, identity has specific meanings, stemming from cognitive theory, sociology, politics, and psychology.
- Cultural identity is a person's self-affiliation (or categorization by others) as a member of a cultural group.
- Gender identity is the gender with which a person identifies (or is identified by others).
- Digital identity is the representation of identity in terms of digital information.
- Online identity is the digital identity established by computer network users.
- Psychological identity is the concept that an individual has a unique identity developed relatively late in history.
Business[change | change source]
- An accounting identity is a basic accounting formulation that must, by construction, hold; for example, the balance sheet of a company must balance. The term may also be used to apply to formulations in economics that have the same characteristics, for example, the balance of payments must balance.
- Corporate identity is the physical manifestation of a business brand.
- Identity theft is the deliberate appropriation of someone else's identity (without that person's permission) for criminal purposes.
Computer science[change | change source]
- Identity (object-oriented programming), a property of objects that allows those objects to be distinguished from each other.
- Identity column in SQL Server represents a database field whose values are automatically generated by the server, and uniquely identify a row in the table.
Religion[change | change source]
- Christian Identity, a controversial religious belief which holds that Europeans and their descendents are the Biblical Israel
Television, film, music and literature[change | change source]
- Identity (novel), a novel written by Milan Kundera
- Identity (movie), a movie directed by James Mangold, starring, among others, John Cusack
- Identity (album), an album from Zee with Richard Wright and Dave Harris
- Identity (music), a transformation of pitches in music
- Identity (game show), a game show on NBC hosted by Penn Jillette
Related pages[change | change source]
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Identity.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.