Institut supérieur de l'aéronautique et de l'espace
|Type||Public, Graduate engineering school|
43°33′57.087″N 1°28′28.54″E / 43.56585750°N 1.4745944°E
|Affiliations||Conférence des Grandes Écoles|
Université Fédérale Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées
University of Toulouse
The Institut supérieur de l'aéronautique et de l'espace (ISAE-SUPAERO; English: National Higher French Institute of Aeronautics and Space) is a renowned graduate engineering school in France. It is in a campus of the University of Toulouse (South France).
Its different curricula lead to the following French & European degrees :
- Ingénieur SUPAERO (SUPAERO Graduate engineer Masters level program)
- Master of Science & Doctorat (PhD doctorate studies )
- Mastères Spécialisés (MS) (In partnership with the French Civil Aviation University)
- Massive Online Open Course
Academic activities and industrial applied research are performed mainly in French and English languages. Students from a lot of nationalities participate to the different curricula at SUPAERO.
Most of the 1600 graduate engineer students at ISAE-SUPAERO live in dedicated residential buildings nearby research labs and metro public transports.
History[change | change source]
The school results from the École nationale supérieure de l'aéronautique et de l'espace (created In 1909) and the École nationale supérieure d'ingénieurs de construction aéronautique (created in 1946).
Admission[change | change source]
Admission to the Supaero engineering Programme implemented at ISAE is possible after two/three year scientific undergraduate studies and requires success to either:
- an admission exam for Bachelors of Sciences ;
- a French nationwide selective exam with numerus clausus : concours Mines-Ponts (3-year curriculum including at least 2 years in France)
- a selective application as per Top Industrial Managers for Europe (TIME) double degrees procedures applicable in Europe (2+2-year curriculum, including 2 years in France)
The Supaero Programme typically lasts three years and results in a master's degree, augmented with international experience. Thus undergraduate studies + the Supaero Programme account for more than a cumulated 300 ECTS credits as applicable in the European education system.
However, graduate students enrolled in the TIME double degree procedure are required to spend two-years at ISAE and spend two years in the TIME-partner institute for a total of four years resulting in a double master's degree.
Research labs[change | change source]
Research activities at ISAE relate to the following topics:
- Aerodynamics, energetics, propulsion
- Mechanics of structure and materials
- Electronics, optronics and signal
- Mathematics, computer science, automatics
- Languages, arts, cultures, societies
- Aeronautics and Space Centre
Notable graduate[change | change source]
- Guy du Merle, French aerospace engineer, pilot and writer
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Institut supérieur de l'aéronautique et de l'espace-SUPAERO". Archived from the original on 2017-04-21. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- ↑ (in French)Ecoles d'ingénieurs : l'Enac et Isae-Supaero dans le top 10
- ↑ "MS Aerospace Project Management". Archived from the original on 2016-01-10. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- ↑ (in French)Supaero et l'Ensica fusionnent
- ↑ "TIME double degrees". Archived from the original on 2007-10-09. Retrieved 2016-03-27.