International Go Federation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Formation||March 18, 1982|
|International Mind Sports Association|
Activities[change | change source]
IGF aims to promote Go all over the world. They do so by the following actions:
- Organize international tournaments such as the World Amateur Go Championship
- Publish updates about Go activities on the IGF website
Members[change | change source]
- American Go Association - United States, the American Collegiate Go Association does not have IGF membership
- British Go Association - United Kingdom
- Nihon Ki-in - Japan
References and notes[change | change source]
- "IMSA - International Mind Sports Association". www.imsaworld.com. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "History | Uniting six federations of the traditional mind sports : Chess, Bridge, Draughts, Go and Xiangqi with over 400 National Associations and close to 500 million players". www.imsaworld.com. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- World Amateur Go Championship at Sensei's Library
- Some international tournaments are not managed by the IGF.
- Kansai Ki-in and All Japan Student Go Federation does not have IGF membership.