Isadore Singer, 1977
Isadore Manuel Singer
May 3, 1924
|Died||February 11, 2021 (aged 96)|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan (BA)|
University of Chicago (MS, PhD)
|Known for||Atiyah–Singer index theorem|
|Spouse(s)||Rosemary Singer (m. 1956)|
|Awards||Bôcher Memorial Prize (1969)|
National Medal of Science (1983)
Wigner Medal (1988)
Steele Prize (2000)
Abel Prize (2004)
|Institutions||MIT, UC Berkeley, UCLA|
|Doctoral advisor||Irving Segal|
|Doctoral students||Richard L. Bishop|
David G. Ebin
Conan Nai-Chung Leung
Nancy K. Stanton
Frank W. Warner
Isadore Manuel Singer (May 3, 1924 – February 11, 2021) was an American mathematician. He was an Institute Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a Professor Emeritus of Mathematics at the University of California, Berkeley.
References[change | change source]
- "Isadore Singer | MIT Mathematics". math.mit.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Isadore M. Singer | Department of Mathematics at University of California Berkeley". math.berkeley.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Singer biography". www-history.mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- Devlin, Keith (April 2004). "Abel Prize Awarded: The Mathematicians' Nobel". Devlin's Angle. Mathematical Association of America.
- Isadore M. Singer, May 3, 1924 - Feb 11, 2021