Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is a private university in Cambridge, Massachusetts. MIT has five schools and one college, and it has 32 academic departments, and gives much importance to scientific and technological research. MIT students, graduates, and faculty members are famous for being given many awards, including 76 Nobel Prizes. In 2013 QS ranked MIT as the best university in the world. It started in 1861. It is one of the most selective universities. It accepted 8.9% of people who applied for class of 2016. Nine months' tuition and fees for 2012–2013 is $42,050. MIT gives financial aid so that anyone who is good enough can pay. In 2011-2012 64% of undergraduates had some kind of financial aid. The student:faculty ratio is 8:1. 45% of undergraduates are women. The most popular major is engineering.
Other websites[change | change source]
- MIT, official web site
- MyMIT, admissions web site
- MIT Alumni Association
Publications[change | change source]
- MIT OpenCourseWare, Free online publication of nearly all MIT course materials
- The Tech, student newspaper, the world's first newspaper on the web
- Tech Talk, MIT's official newspaper
- Technology Review, alumni magazine
- MIT Press, university press & publisher
Maps[change | change source]
- MIT Maps Archived 2006-12-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Early Maps of both the Boston and Cambridge Campuses Archived 2010-05-06 at the Wayback Machine maintained by MIT's Institute Archives & Special Collections
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "MIT Facts 2007: Academic Schools and Departments, Divisions & Sections". Retrieved 2007-02-14.
- ↑ "MIT Nobel Prize Winners". MIT News Office. June 4, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- ↑ MIT Office of Provost, Institutional Research. "MIT MacArthur Fellows". Retrieved 2006-12-16.
- ↑ "QS World University Rankings 2013-2014". Top Universities. 27 August 2013.
- ↑ "MIT Facts 2018: Tuition and Financial Aid". web.mit.edu.
- ↑ "MIT Facts 2018: Faculty and Staff". web.mit.edu.