From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Depending on when the word technology is used, technology is:
- The tools and machines that help to solve problems or do new things;
- The techniques (knowledge) that includes methods, materials, tools, and ways for solving a problem (such as building technology or medical technology);
- A culture-forming activity (such as manufacturing technology, or space-travel technology).
- Using resources to solve a problem (such as knowledge, skills, processes, techniques, tools and raw materials).
- A term to describe the level of achievement in science, mathematics and engineering of a group or culture.
- In economics, technology is the current state of our knowledge of how to put resources together to produce wanted products (and our knowledge of what can be produced).
Information technology[change | change source]
- A set of tools that help you work with information and perform tasks related to the informal processing.
- Information technology is not limited to computer technology (hardware and software) used for processing and storing information, but also include sending communications technology recycle information.
- Technology that combines computing with the lines of communication that brings high speed data, voice and video.