Depending on when the word technology is used, technology is:
- The tools and machines that help to solve problems or do new things;
- The techniques, skills and methods for solving a problem (such as construction technology or medical technology);
- A culture-forming activity (such as manufacturing technology, or space-travel technology).
- Using resources to solve a problem (such as knowledge, skills, processes, techniques, tools and raw materials).
- A term to describe the level of achievement in science, mathematics and engineering of a group or culture.
- In economics, technology is the current state of our knowledge of how to put resources together to produce wanted products (and our knowledge of what can be produced).
Technology is something people do, to get a result they need or want. They study to find a way to do it. Palaeolithic technology is the oldest known, but probably people used technology long before then.
Information technology[change | change source]
- A set of tools that help you work with information and perform tasks related to the informal processing.
- Information technology is not limited to computer technology (hardware and software) used for processing and storing information, but also include sending communications technology recycle information.
- Technology that combines computing with the lines of communication that brings high speed data, voice and video.