Jóhann Gunnar Jóhannsson (Icelandic pronunciation: [ˈjouːhan ˈjouːhansɔn]; 19 September 1969 – 9 February 2018) was an Icelandic composer. He released solo albums from 2002, and composed music for theatre, dance, TV and movies. He was born in Reykjavík.
Jóhannsson was known for his works on Denis Villeneuve's Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival and James Marsh's The Theory of Everything.
Jóhannsson was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Score for both The Theory of Everything and Sicario, and won a Golden Globe for Best Original Score for The Theory of Everything in 2015.
Jóhannsson was found dead in his apartment in Berlin on 9 February 2018, at the age of 48. The cause of death was an accidental cocaine overdose.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ McIntyre, Hugh (10 February 2018). "Critically Acclaimed Film Composer Johann Johannsson Dead At 48". Forbes. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- ↑ Burlingame, Jon (10 February 2018). "Jóhann Jóhannsson, 'Theory of Everything' Composer, Dies at 48". Variety. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- ↑ Paetzold, Johannes. "Todesursache von Johann Johannsson geklärt". Global Pop News. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Biography at Touch Music
- Kitchen Motors.com, Johann Johannsson's record label
- Biography, discography and promotional photos on Beggars.com