A jar is a type of container, mostly used to store food. Jars are usually cylindrical, and are usually made of glass or clay.
Glass jars are able to be heated in microwave ovens.
Types of jars[change | change source]
- Mason jar, a jar used to preserve serval foods (such as fruit, jam, vegetables, ...)
- Kilner jar, another type of jar for storing foods
- Mayonnaise jar, a mason jar especially made for mayonnaise
- Canopic jar, used in ancient Egyptian burial
- Leyden jar, a simple capacitor
- Killing jar
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Ahvenainen, R.; Heiniö, R.-L. (1993). "Factors affecting the suitability of glass jars for heating in microwave ovens. Comparison with plastic jars and paper board tubs". Packaging Technology and Science. 6 (1): 43–52. doi:10.1002/pts.2770060108. Retrieved 2 October 2013.