Megna with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2013
February 1, 1990|
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)|
|NHL team (P)|
Colorado Eagles (AHL)
New York Rangers
Jayson Megna (born February 1, 1990) is an American professional ice hockey center. He currently plays for the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League. He also played for Pittsburgh Penguins, Vancouver Canucks, and New York Rangers of the (NHL). He was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and grew up in Northbrook, Illinois.
Career[change | change source]
Before playing in the NHL, Megna played 2 seasons with the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders of the United States Hockey League (USHL) and half a year of college hockey with the University of Nebraska Omaha Mavericks. During his time with the Mavericks, Megna was named to the WCHA All-Rookie Team.
The Penguins called Megna up on October 24, 2013. Megna made his NHL debut the next day in a 4-3 loss against the New York Islanders. On October 28, 2013, Megna recorded his first NHL point on a Tanner Glass goal and also scored his first NHL goal in a 3-1 win against the Carolina Hurricanes.
On July 10, 2014, the Penguins re-signed Megna to a one-year, two-way contract.
References[change | change source]
- "Penguins Sign Forward Jayson Megna". Pittsburgh Penguins. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- "Penguins' Letang likely to make season debut Friday". National Hockey League. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- "Bailey's late goal leads Islanders past Penguins". Pittsburgh Penguins. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- "Rookie Megna leads Penguins past Hurricanes". Pittsburgh Penguins. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- "Penguins Re-Sign Forward Jayson Megna to a One-Year Contract". Pittsburgh Penguins. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database