|Grand Duke of Luxembourg|
|Reign||12 November 1964 – 7 October 2000|
|Born||5 January 1921|
Berg Castle, Luxembourg
|Died||23 April 2019 (aged 98)|
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
|Spouse||Princess Joséphine Charlotte of Belgium|
|Issue||Marie Astrid, Archduchess of Austria|
Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg
Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein
|House||Bourbons of Parma|
|Father||Prince Felix of Parma|
|Mother||Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg|
Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg (5 January 1921 – 23 April 2019) ruled Luxembourg from 1964 to 2000. He was the father of the current ruler, Grand Duke Henri. He was the son of Grand Duchess Charlotte and Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma.
Life[change | change source]
Jean was born at Berg Castle, in central Luxembourg. His name at birth was Jean Benoît Guillaume Robert Antoine Louis Marie Adolphe Marc d'Aviano.
Titles and styles[change | change source]
- 5 January 1921 – 12 November 1964: His Royal Highness The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince of Nassau, Prince of Bourbon-Parma
- 12 November 1964 – 7 October 2000: His Royal Highness The Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Duke of Nassau
- 7 October 2000 – 23 April 2019: His Royal Highness Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, Duke of Nassau
References[change | change source]
- "HRH Grand Duke Jean". Service information et presse du gouvernement luxembourgeois. Retrieved 12 November 2010.
- "The Grand Duke Jean". Luxarazzi blog.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg at Wikimedia Commons