January 17, 1970|
Boston, MA, USA
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)|
Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Sharks
|National team||United States|
8th overall, 1988|
Jeremy Shaffer "J.R." Roenick (born January 17, 1970 in Boston, Massachusetts) is a retired American professional ice hockey center that played in National Hockey League. Roenick was drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks with the 8th overall pick in the 1988 NHL Draft.
Roenick played in the NHL for five teams, Chicago Blackhawks from 1988 to 1996, Phoenix Coyotes from 1996 to 2001, Philadelphia Flyers from 2001 to 2005, Los Angeles Kings from 2005 to 2006, another stint with the Phoenix Coyotes from 2006 to 2007 and the San Jose Sharks from 2007 to 2009.
Achievements and awards[change | change source]
- He was named to the QMJHL Second All-Star Team in 1989.
- He was named the tournament all-star in the 1989 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships.
- He was the leading scorer in the 1989 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships.
- He played in 9 NHL All-Star Games in 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2004.
- He was named to the All Tournament Team in the 1991 Canada Cup.
- He held the NHL Skills Competition record for shooting accuracy in 2004 which he shared with Ray Bourque, Mark Messier, Tomas Kaberle, Evgeni Malkin, Daniel Sedin and Dany Heatley.
- He scored his 500th career goal on November 10, 2007 against the Phoenix Coyotes and was the third American-born player to do so.
- He was ranked 4th in IGNs: The Top Ten Athletes in Video Games.
- He was the 2nd All-Time American point producer in World Junior Championship history.
- He was inducted into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame in 2010.
- He was inducted into the Phoenix Coyotes Ring of Honor in 2012.
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Offical website
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeremy Roenick.|