|Home arena||Gila River Arena|
|Colors||Brick red, Black, Desert sand, White 
Arizona Sports (620 AM)
NewsTalk (92.3 FM)
|Owner(s)||IceArizona Acquisition Co., LLC
(George Gosbee, governor)
|General manager||Don Maloney|
|Head coach||Dave Tippett|
|Minor league affiliates||Tucson Roadrunners (AHL)
Rapid City Rush (ECHL)
|Division championships||1 (2011–12)|
In 1996, the team moved to Phoenix from Winnipeg, Canada, where they were known as the Jets. The team moved to the suburb of Glendale in December 2003. They have never won a Stanley Cup. Their head coach is Dave Tippett and their general manager is Don Maloney. Wayne Gretzky resigned as head coach on September 14, 2009. In May of 2009, the Coyotes filed for bankruptcy protection.
The team will change their name to the Arizona Coyotes after an agreement was reached that would keep the team in Glendale for the near future. They officially changed their name to the Arizona Coyotes on June 27, 2014.
References[change | change source]
- "IceArizona Finalizes Purchase of Coyotes Franchise". Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Coyotes chairman Gosbee 'extremely pleased' to buy the team". NBC. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- "Chicago Cubs file Chapter 11 to speed team's sale". Retrieved October 12, 2010. Unknown parameter
- "Coyotes saga finally ends with team staying in Arizona". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Coyotes Announce 2014-15 Schedule". Arizona Coyotes. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
Other websites[change | change source]