JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a manga (Japanese comic) that is written and drawn by the artist Hirohiko Araki. It was published in the magazine Weekly Shonen Jump from 1987 to 2004. Since then it has been in the magazine Ultra Jump. From 1993 to 1994, an original video animation, meaning it went straight to video and was never aired on TV, was released. The original video animation was about the third part of the story - Stardust Crusaders. In 2012 a TV anime series began airing, and ended in 2013. It covered the first and second part of the story.
Plot[change | change source]
The story of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is about members of the Joestar family. These adventures normally consist of the Joestars fighting a main villain with a group of friends. The name of the story comes from the nickname of the main characters - JoJo, which is from parts of their names. For example - Jonathan Joestar.
Characters[change | change source]
- Jonathan Joestar (born 1868) is the main character of the story's first part - Phantom Blood. He is the son of a rich English man named George Joestar.
- Joseph Joestar (born 1920) is the main character of part two of the story - Battle Tendency. He is the grandson of Jonathan Joestar.
- Jotaro Kujo (born 1971) is the main character of the third part - Stardust Crusaders. He is the grandson of Joseph Joestar.
- Josuke Higashikata (born 1983) is the main character of the fourth part - Diamond is Unbreakable. He is the son of Joseph Joestar.
- Giorno Giovanna (born 1985) is the main character of the fifth part - Vento Aureo. He is the son of Dio Brando.
- Jolyne Kujo (born 1993) is the main character of the sixth part - Stone Ocean. She is the daughter of Jotaro Kujo.
- Johnny Joestar (born 1872) is the main character of the seven part - Steel Ball Run. He is a crippled jockey in the 1800s of America
- Josuke Higashikata (JoJolion) (born 1992) is the main character of the eighth part - JoJolion. He has no parents.