Life and career[change | change source]
Farnham was a teen pop idol from 1967 until 1979, known as Johnny Farnham. He then went on to have a very popular career as an adult popular music singer. In his career, he has mostly been as a solo artist. However, from 1982 to 1985, he was the lead singer of the rock band Little River Band. He has been called one of his country's best-known and most popular musical performer. In September 1986, his solo single "You're the Voice" was released. It peaked at No. 1 on the Australian singles charts. The song was also No. 1 on Sweden's Sverigetopplistan and on West Germany's Official German Charts. He has also performed on stage with lead roles in Australian productions of Charlie Girl, Pippin and Jesus Christ Superstar (1992).
References[change | change source]
- "Encyclopedia entry for 'John Farnham'". Whammo. Archived from the original on 29 August 2004. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "JOHN FARNHAM – YOU'RE THE VOICE (SONG)". Swedish Charts Portal. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "John Farnham – Offizielle Deutsche Charts". GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- "1987 Australian of the Year". Australian of the Year Awards. Retrieved 5 April 2019.[permanent dead link]
- "Singer John Farnham undergoes surgery after revealing cancer diagnosis". ABC News. 2022-08-22. Retrieved 2022-08-23.
Other websites[change | change source]