John Patrick Murtha Jr. (//; June 17, 1932 – February 8, 2010) was an American politician. He was born in New Martinsville, West Virginia. Murtha, a Democrat, represented Pennsylvania's 12th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives from 1974 until his death in 2010.
References[change | change source]
- Obituary New York Times, 9 February 2010.
- Obituary Los Angeles Times, 9 February 2010.
- Obituary Washington Post, 9 February 2010.
- Obituary London Independent, 10 February 2010.
- Keck, Kristi; Elizabeth Cohen; Sabriya Rice; Rebecca Sinderbrand (February 9, 2010). "Rep. John Murtha dies after surgery complications". CNN.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Voting record maintained by The Washington Post
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission
- Profile at SourceWatch
- John Murtha at Find a Grave