Groban, February 2009
|Birth name||Joshua Winslow Groban|
|Born||February 27, 1981 
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Genres||Easy listening, vocal, operatic pop, pop rock|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, musician, actor, record producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, drums, percussion|
Early life[change | change source]
Groban was born in Los Angeles, California. His parents are Lindy (nee Johnston), a school teacher, and Jack Groban, a businessman. He has a younger brother, Chris, who shares the same birthday, but four years younger. Groban's father was born Jewish, and is a descendant of Russian and Polish immigrants; he converted from Judaism to Christianity when marrying Groban's mother. Groban's mother's ancestry includes Norwegian (from Toten), German, and English; one of her own grandfathers had been Jewish. Groban's parents are Episcopalians.
Groban debuted as a singer in the seventh grade.
References[change | change source]
- "Monitor". Entertainment Weekly (1248): pp. 25. Mar 1, 2013.
- "That Josh Groban Guy". That Josh Groban Guy. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Thrills, Adrian (January 5, 2007). "The popera boy struts his stuff". Daily Mail (London). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-426651/The-popera-boy-struts-stuff.html.
- "Dave 'Til Dawn". Groban Archives. 2002-12-13. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Josh Groban – Biography". Biggeststars.com. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Cidoni, Michael (January 21, 2008). "Josh Groban to sing at Sundance festival". USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/movieawards/sundance/2008-01-20-sundance-concert_N.htm. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "Josh Groban article". Grobanarchives.com. 2006-11-07. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Megan Smolenyak: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Josh Groban's Family Tree". Huffingtonpost.com. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/megan-smolenyak-smolenyak/10-things-you-didnt-know-_1_b_1016372.html. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Bio". AJT Enterprises. Joshgrobanlive.com. April 12, 2008.