Jurassic Park is a 1990 science fiction novel by Michael Crichton. It was made into a movie in 1993 directed by Steven Spielberg.
As a story, Jurassic Park is a "going back in time" story, without actually going back in time. It's impossible, but like H.G. Wells's many books, or Conan Doyle's The Lost World, it is futurist but imaginary.
Plot[change | change source]
The plot of this story is of a theme park that is filled with dinosaurs. The park seems like a great idea to the people building the park. John Hammond, the man who built the park, invites several people, including his grandchildren and the paleontologist Dr. Alan Grant, to visit the park. During the tour, Nedry (a computer worker for the park) shuts down the entire park to try to steal some dinosaur embryos, in order to earn a fortune from another company. Now the guests must try to restart power for the park. Complications arise since some dinosaurs escape because of the power failure, and other try to eat the humans.
Main characters[change | change source]
- Dennis Nedry — Jurassic Park's main programmer
- Dr. Henry Wu — Chief Geneticist
- Dr. Alan Grant — Paleontologist
- Dr. Ellie Sattler — Paleobotanist
- John Hammond — Owner of InGen
- Ray Arnold — Engineer
- Robert Muldoon — Park Warden
- Donald Gennaro — Financial Advisor
Related pages[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Jurassicpark.com Archived 2021-04-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Jurassic Main Frame News