|Country||Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan|
|No. of districts||22|
|• Mayor||Abdullah Habibzai|
|• Total||1,023 km2 (395 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,791 m (5,876 ft)|
|• Density||4,500/km2 (12,000/sq mi)|
|Kabul urban agglomeration|
|Time zone||UTC+4:30 (Afghanistan Standard Time)|
100X, 101X, 105X, 106X
|Area code||(+93) 20|
According to a 2012 estimate, the population of the city was around 3,289,000. Ths includes Tajiks, Pashtuns, Hazaras and some other smaller ethnic groups. It is the 64th largest and the 5th fastest growing city in the world.
It is 1,800 meters, or 5,900 feet above-sea-level. Kabul is over 3,500 years old.
Districts[change | change source]
The city of Kabul is inside Kabul District - a district of Kabul Province. The city is also a municipality (shārwāli) - because it is also capital of a province; That municipality is divided into 22 administrative districts called municipal districts or city districts (nāhia); These districts (are the same, or) coincide with the official Police Districts (PD).
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Afghanistan Statistical Yearbook 2012/13, Central Statistics Office Afghanistan.  Archived 2013-12-28 at the Wayback Machine
- "2003 National Geographic Population Map" (PDF). Thomas Gouttierre, Center For Afghanistan Studies, University of Nebraska at Omaha; Matthew S. Baker, Stratfor. National Geographic Society. November 2003. Retrieved 2010-06-27.
- "Largest cities in the world and their mayors - 1 to 150". City Mayors. 2012-05-17. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "World's fastest growing urban areas (1)". City Mayors. 2012-05-17. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Foschini, Fabrizio. "A geographical guide to a metropolis in the making" (PDF). www.afghanistan-analysts.org.