Katherine Noelle Holmes
December 18, 1978
Toledo, Ohio, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Tom Cruise (2006–2012)|
Katherine Noelle "Katie" Holmes (born December 18, 1978) is an American actress. She was born in Toledo, Ohio. She was "Joey" on the WB network TV show Dawson's Creek. Her mother's name is Katherine Ann Holmes
Personal life[change | change source]
Holmes dated her Dawson's Creek co-star Joshua Jackson early in the show's run. Holmes met actor Chris Klein in 2000. Klein and Holmes were engaged in late 2003. In early 2005 she and Klein ended their relationship.
Legal issues[change | change source]
In early March 2011, Holmes filed a $50 million libel lawsuit against the Star. They had a cover story which made it seem that she took drugs. The suit was settled on April 27, 2011. The Star wrote a public apology in the May 6, 2011 issue. They also made a "substantial" donation to Katie's charity Dizzy Feet Foundation.
Awards[change | change source]
Movies and television[change | change source]
|1998–2003||Dawson's Creek||Josephine "Joey" Lynn Potter||Main Role; 128 episodes|
Nominated–Teen Choice Award for TV - Choice Actress (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003)
|2001||Saturday Night Live||Host (Herself)||Episode: "Katie Holmes/Dave Matthews Band"|
|2008||Eli Stone||Grace||Episode: "Grace"|
|2011||How I Met Your Mother||Slutty Pumpkin (Naomi)||Episode: "The Slutty Pumpkin Returns"|
|2011||The Kennedys||Jackie Kennedy||Miniseries|
References[change | change source]
- Grossberg, Josh (2012-08-21). "Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Officially Divorced". E!.
- Darren Crosdale. Dawson's Creek: The Official Companion. Kansas City, Missouri: Andrews McMeel, 1999. ISBN 978-0-7407-0725-4. 113–114.
- Ray Richmond. "Youth ache 100 episodes: The WB's signature show, 'Dawson's Creek' brings intellect and frankness to the portrayal of young adults." The Hollywood Reporter. April 17, 2002. S1.
- "Katie: Dating, Not Engaged." Toledo Blade. September 8, 2001. D3
- "Katie Holmes to Wed Actor Chris Klein." Toledo Blade. December 31, 2003. D3
- "Cruise, Holmes exchange vows in castle". Toledo Blade. November 19, 2006. Retrieved July 03, 2012. Check date values in:
- Leovy, Jill (April 19, 2012). "Girl Is Born to Stars Holmes, Cruise". Los Angeles Times. pp. B3. Retrieved July 03, 2012. Check date values in:
- "Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes to divorce". CNN Entertainment. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- Heyman, J.D. "Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing". People Magazine. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes File for Divorce". Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes File for Divorce. BackstageOL. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes split after five years of marriage: 'Tom is very saddened,' says actor's rep". omg! by Yahoo. June 29, 2012. Retrieved July 3, 2012.
- NY Daily News (June 30, 2012). "Marriage Impossible, Tom, Katie Split". nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Holmes files a $50 million libel lawsuit". Rte.ie. March 2, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- Keith Staskiewicz. "'Star' magazine apologizes to Katie Holmes for headline". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on 2011-05-01. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Associated Press (June 18, 2011). "Holmes among Women in Film honorees". Toledo Blade. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- Siegel, Tatiana (November 1, 2009). "'Romantics' hot for Katie Holmes - Actress replaces Liv Tyler in comedy". Variety. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- Oldenburg, Ann (September 23, 2011). "'Office' manager revealed; Katie Holmes is 'slutty pumpkin'". USA Today. Retrieved 2011-09-29.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Katie Holmes.|