Hotz in 2006
|Born||Kenneth Joel Hotz
May 3, 1967
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Actor, director, screenwriter, and producer|
He used to be a consultant and writer for South Park, the creator and star of both Kenny vs. Spenny and Kenny Hotz's Triumph of the Will, and the writer of Testees. Hotz has won many awards including Gemini Awards and Canadian Comedy Awards. He is also a Gulf War photo-journalist and an award-winning Vice writer.
He owns The Hoxton and Dog & Bear restaurant and bars in Toronto, Canada. He is the Comedy Chair of the Banff World Media Festival Advisory Boards for the Banff World Media Festival and cofounded Aux Mode, an online content distribution and monetization firm in 2013. He currently hosts a weekly radio show with Sirius Radio in the U.S.
Filmography[change | change source]
Movies[change | change source]
- It Don't Cost Nothin' to Say Good Morning (1994) (Short movie) (Director, DOP, Editor)
- Pitch - Himself (1997) (Creator, Executive Producer, Writer, Director, Actor)
- The Papal Chase - Himself (2004) (Executive Producer, Writer, Director, Actor)
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno - Zack #2 (2008) (Actor)
- Degrassi Takes Manhattan - Cameo (2010)
Television[change | change source]
- Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation (1997) (Writer)
- Kenny vs. Spenny - Himself (2003-2010) (Creator, Executive Producer, Writer, Director, Actor)
- South Park (2004–06, 2012) (Writer, Consultant)
- Elton vs. Simon (2005) (Executive Producer)
- Odd Job Jack - Clay Shogen (voice) (2007)
- Testees - Larry (2008) (Creator, Executive Producer, Writer, Director, Actor)
- Pure Pwnage - Cameo (2009)
- Kenny vs. Spenny Christmas Special - Himself (2010) (Creator, Executive Producer, Writer, Director, Actor)
- Kenny Hotz's Triumph of the Will - Himself (2011) (Executive Producer, Creator, Writer, Director, Actor)
References[change | change source]
- ""South Park" duo bring Canada reality show to U.S". Reuters. http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/09/28/television-southpark-dc-idUSN2742351520070928. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Kenny Hotz’s new triumph". National Post. http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/07/21/kenny-hotzs-new-triumph/. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Buzz on bars: The Hoxton". Toronto Star. http://www.toronto.com/articles/buzz-on-bars-the-hoxton/. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Kenny Hotz: Hot for Gin". TORO. http://www.toromagazine.com/lifestyle/drinks/toro-tv/2f9c36ad-1bc1-5674-31fd-99ce7c2a26cd/Kenny-Hotz-Hot-for-Gin/. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "2012 Advisory Boards". Banff World Media Festival. http://banffmediafestival.com/2012-advisory-boards.php. Retrieved 2014-04-01.