From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
History[change | change source]
- 1867 - 1874 Klang War
- 1880 - 1889 Klang became the capital of Selangor.
- 1945 - Klang Town Authority formed.
- 1954 - Klang Town Council formed (27.5 km²)
- 1971 - Klang District Council formed, including areas surrounding Kapar and Meru towns.
- 1974 - 1977 - Capital of Selangor when Kuala Lumpur became a Federal Territory and before Shah Alam was made the capital of Selangor.
- 1977 - Klang Municipal Council formed (60.9 km²)
Weather[change | change source]
Districts[change | change source]
There are two districts in Klang, Klang North and Klang South. Both are divided by a river called the Klang River.
Famous Local Food[change | change source]
Another popular delicacy here is the "Cendol Klang". The stall was opened in 1972.