Kolmården Wildlife Park
|Location||Bråviken bay, Norrköping, Sweden|
|Land area||1.5 km2 (370 acres)|
|Coordinates||58°39′55″N 16°27′59″E / 58.66528°N 16.46639°ECoordinates: 58°39′55″N 16°27′59″E / 58.66528°N 16.46639°E|
|No. of species||85|
|Annual visitors||720,000 (2015)|
Kolmården Wildlife Park (Swedish: Kolmårdens djurpark) is a zoo. It opened in 1965 overlooking Bråviken bay in Sweden. It is the largest zoo in Scandinavia.
Places to see[change | change source]
The park includes the first dolphinarium in Scandinavia. It opened in 1969 and has daily shows, and the world's first cable car safari. The wildlife park also has a birds of prey display and a seal show. In the Marine World area is a roller coaster called "The Dolphin Express". Another, larger, roller coaster in the park is Wildfire.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Kolmården: Let the adventure begin Archived 2014-09-03 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- ↑ "Kolmårdens djurpark". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 30 April 2011. (subscription required)
- ↑ "Kolmården Zoo". parks-resorts.com. Parks and Resorts Scandinavia. Archived from the original on 25 May 2011. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- ↑ "EAZA Member Zoos & Aquariums". eaza.net. EAZA. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- ↑ "Zoos and Aquariums of the World". waza.org. WAZA. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Kolmården Zoo at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in English)
- Statistics on the Delfinexpressen roller coaster at Coasterpedia