LAM Mozambique Airlines Flight 470
|Date||29 November 2013|
|Summary||Murder–suicide by pilot|
|Site||Bwabwata National Park, Namibia |
|Aircraft type||Embraer 190|
|Operator||LAM Mozambique Airlines|
|Flight origin||Maputo International Airport, Maputo, Mozambique|
|Destination||Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, Luanda, Angola|
LAM Mozambique Airlines Flight 470 was a scheduled international passenger flight by carrier LAM Mozambique Airlines from Maputo International Airport of Maputo, Mozambique. It crashed on 29 November 2013 into the Bwabwata National Park in northern Namibia en route to Quatro de Fevereiro Airport of Luanda, Angola. The wreckage of the aircraft was found the next day. All 27 passengers and six crew members were killed. It was later found out that the aircraft was crashed on purpose by the pilot, Herminio dos Santos Fernandes, in an act of murder–suicide.
References[change | change source]
- "Mozambique plane missing with 34 on board". BBC. 29 November 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "Mozambique airline captain 'intentionally' crashed plane". The Telegraph. 22 December 2013. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "About the flight TM 470 Maputo – Luanda". LAM Mozambique Airlines. 29 November 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2015.[permanent dead link]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Directorate of Aircraft Accident Investigations Namibia
- LAM Mozambique Airlines – Index of press releases related to the crash