Lavazza's headquarters in Turin, Italy
|Alberto Lavazza (President)|
Antonio Baravalle (CEO)
|Products||Whole bean coffee|
|Revenue||€2.2 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
Luigi Lavazza S.p.A. (Italian pronunciation: [laˈvattsa]) is an Italian manufacturer of coffee products. Founded in Turin in 1895 by Luigi Lavazza, it was initially run from a small grocery store at Via San Tommaso 10. The business of Lavazza S.p.A. is currently administered by the third and fourth generations of the Lavazza family.
Coffee[change | change source]
Lavazza imports coffee from around the world, including Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Honduras, Uganda, Indonesia, United States and Mexico. Sustainable production concerns have led the company to develop the ¡Tierra! project, a sustainable agriculture program in Honduras, Colombia and Peru, that seeks to improve the quality of coffee as well as the environmental and working conditions of those communities.
Sponsorship[change | change source]
Lavazza became a sponsor of Liverpool F.C. in 2018, and the Williams Racing team in the 2020 Formula One season. Also through the agreement reached in September 2020, Lavazza became the official coffee brand used by Juventus F.C.
Calendar[change | change source]
Since 1991, Lavazza has produced the "Lavazza Calendar", featuring fashion photography from some of the world's leading photographers. The calendar is not available for purchase. Contributors have included Annie Leibovitz in 2009, David LaChapelle in 2002, Helmut Newton in 1993 and 1994, Ellen Von Unwerth in 1995, Eugenio Recuenco in 2007, Erwin Olaf in 2005, and Platon in 2018. The calendar has become a showpiece of conceptual fashion photography.
References[change | change source]
- "Lavazza 2019 financials".
- "Lavazza 2019 financials" (PDF).
- "When coffee is Lavazza". Spotlight. Italian Institute for Foreign Trade. Archived from the original on 2009-03-01. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- "Liverpool FC and Lavazza announce new partnership". www.liverpoolfc.com. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "ROKiT Williams Racing Announces New Partnership with Lavazza". www.williamsf1.com. Retrieved 2020-07-01.
- "Williams Racing adds Lavazza to new-look sponsorship portfolio". SportBusiness. 2020-01-09. Retrieved 2020-07-01.
- A Look At The 2011 Lavazza Calendar, 'The Making Of' And 'Behind The Scenes.', If It's Hip, It's Here, 2010
- Australian Vogue Online Archived 2007-12-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Gibson, Amber (November 30, 2017). "A Calendar To Save The World". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-09-04.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-12-18. Retrieved 2008-11-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), Events Column, 2008
- Telegraph.co.uk, "How About That" Column, 2008