Learning by teaching
In professional education, learning by teaching means a method that trains pupils and students to prepare and to teach lessons, or parts of lessons. This method is designed to teach them better understanding than any method where the teacher talks to the pupils and gives them work they have to prepare.
Learning by teaching should not be confused with presentations or lectures by students, because they have to do much more. They have to choose their own methods and didactic approaches in teaching classmates that subject. And it is something else than tutoring, because the teacher gives continuous support when they prepare teaching.
References[change | change source]
- Alan Gartner, Mary Conway Kohler, Frank Riessman: Children teach children. Learning by teaching. Harper & Row, New York u.a. 1971, ISBN 0-06-013553-0.
- Jean-Pol Martin: Zum Aufbau didaktischer Teilkompetenzen beim Schüler. Fremdsprachenunterricht auf der lerntheoretischen Basis des Informationsverarbeitungsansatzes. Narr Verlag, Tübingen 1985, ISBN 3-87808-435-8. (zugl. Dissertation, Universität Gießen 1985)
- Jean-Pol Martin: Vorschlag eines anthropologisch begründeten Curriculums für den Fremdsprachenunterricht. Narr Verlag, Tübingen 1994, ISBN 3-8233-4373-4. (zugl. Habilitations-Schrift, Universität Eichstätt 1992)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Videoclip LdL in English Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Learning by teaching - by Jody Skinner
- LdL in theory and practice (University Münster 2005/2006) Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine
- Learning By Teaching: The Didactic Model LdL in University Classes Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine - by Joachim Grzega
- Students teach literature (LdL) by Rosmarie Frick - 2005 Archived 2018-05-02 at the Wayback Machine