Leo Victor Panitch FRSC (3 May 1945 – 19 December 2020) was a Canadian philosopher, editor and political scientist. He was a professor at York University. Starting in 1985, he was co-editor of the Socialist Register. Panitch was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He was a supporter of Marxism.
Works[change | change source]
- The Socialist Challenge Today (co-authored with Sam Gindin), Merlin Press: 2018
- The Making of Global Capitalism: The Political Economy of American Empire (co-authored with Sam Gindin), Verso: 2012
- In and Out of Crisis: The Global Financial Meltdown and Left Alternatives (co-authored with Greg Albo and Sam Gindin), PM Press: 2010
- Renewing Socialism: Transforming Democracy, Strategy and Imagination, Merlin Press: 2008
- From Consent to Coercion: The Assault on Trade Union Freedoms (co-authored with Donald Swartz), University of Toronto Press: 2003
- The End of Parliamentary Socialism: From New Left to New Labour (2nd edition) (co-authored with Colin Leys), Verso: 2001
- Working Class Politics in Crisis: Essays on Labour and the State, Verso: 1986
- The Canadian State: Political Economy and Political Power, University of Toronto Press: 1977
References[change | change source]
- Lethabo (20 December 2020). "Research Professor Leo Panitch Has Passed Away". Latest News South Africa. Retrieved 20 December 2020.