Li Li-Hua (also known as Li Hua Li, Li Lihua and Teresa Li Chinese: 李麗華; 17 July 1924 – 19 March 2017) was a Chinese Hong-Kong actress, better known as an actress from the Shaw Brothers Studio.
In 1957, Li married Hong Kong actor and director Yan Jun (嚴俊). He died in 1980.
Li Lihua was born on July 17, 1924 in Shanghai.
Her first movie was 3 Smiles (三笑) which was released in two parts in 1940. Her final movie was New Dream of the Red Chamber (新紅樓夢) in 1978 after which she retired and moved to the United States. She acted in over one hundred twenty movies during her 38 year career. In 1969 she was awarded the Golden Horse Best Actress award for Storm over the Yangtze River (揚子江風雲).
References[change | change source]
- "Li Lihua to receive Lifetime Achievement Award". Archived from the original on 2016-01-30. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "Film researcher to the rescue". Shanghai Daily. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
The center also received some movies donated by the famous Chinese actress Li Lihua in 1980s, including several film in which she played leading roles.
- "Actress Lee Li-hua honored for lifetime achievement at Golden Horse". Focus Taiwan. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Big night for The Assassin with five Golden Horse Awards". The Straits Times. 22 November 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Miss Li-Lihua Marries Yien Tsun at St. Teresa's", South China Morning Post, 2 December 1957
- Zhang (1995), pgs 540-541
- Zhang (1995), pg 1424
- 中時電子報. "永遠的女神李麗華驚傳逝世 享壽93歲". 中時電子報.