|Died||25 January 2020 (aged 60)|
|Cause of death||COVID-19|
|Known for||First doctor die from 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic|
Liang Wudong (Chinese: 梁武东; pinyin: Liáng Wǔdōng; March 1959 – 25 January 2020) was a physician at Xinhua Hospital in Hubei who was the first physician to die of coronavirus pandemic due to nosocomial infections.
Career[change | change source]
Liang was the director of the Department of Orthopedics of the Chinese Hospital and Integrated Western Medicine of Hubei Province (Xinhua Hospital). He has a history of heart disease and atrial fibrillation.
[change | change source]
On 16 January 2020, Liang became unwell and had a fever and chills. He went to Hubei Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine Hospital for treatment and a computed tomography scannershowed that his lungs were white and there were signs of lung infection.
After being diagnosed with coronavirus disease, he was admitted to the isolation ward for hospital treatment, and transferred to Jinyintan Hospital Wuhan on January 18, 2020 to continue treatment. At 7 am, 25 January 2020, Liang passed away at 60 age. 
References[change | change source]
- "武汉医院告急 第一名医生殉职 中国军医团抵达增援" (in Chinese). rfi. 25 January 2020.
- "武漢肺炎首位醫師殉職 62歲耳鼻喉科主任梁武東今晨不治". 今日新聞.
- "封面报道之一 现场篇：武汉围城". 財新網. Archived from the original on 8 February 2020.
- "感染新型肺炎去世的医生梁武东为新华医院退休职工". 21世紀經濟報道.
- "病毒无情，"天使"有爱，长江日报联合救助基金守护医护家庭". 長江網. Archived from the original on 2020-08-29. Retrieved 2020-03-23.