Individual identity[change | change source]
A lifestyle is a way of living or doing things. Lifestyle is doing things, living your life and making decisions in your own unique way. Lifestyle can be political, social, economical and personal way of seeing, doing and understanding things. Not all parts of a lifestyle are our decisions. Surrounding social and technical systems, like economical situation and people around us, can limit the lifestyle choices available to the individual.
Examples[change | change source]
- Diets such as veganism, vegetarianism, freeganism, or raw foodism
- Alternative child-rearing, such as homeschooling
- Subcultures such as hippies
References[change | change source]
- "Definition of LIFESTYLE". www.merriam-webster.com.
- "lifestyle - Search Online Etymology Dictionary". www.etymonline.com.
- Ryan, Maureen E. (2018-02-01). Lifestyle Media in American Culture: Gender, Class, and the Politics of Ordinariness. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-315-46495-4.
- "Italyan Style: Puro Stile Italiano". Italyan Style.