List of Romanian composers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article has many issues. Please help fix them or discuss these issues on the talk page.
This is a list of Romanian composers.
- Anton Pann (1790s–1854), wrote Romania's national anthem
- Ciprian Porumbescu (1853–1883), 19th century composer
- George Enescu (1881–1955), 20th century composer, violinist, pianist; spent much of his career in France
- Grigoraş Dinicu (1889–1949), 20th century composer best known for his violin showpiece Hora staccato
- Martian Negrea (1893–1975), composer, teacher and conductor. His creation involves all musical formes and genres and is distinguished by a personal melodic inspiration.
- Sabin Dragoi (1894–1968), composer and folklorist, is one of pioneers of scientific gathering of Romanian folklore.
- Theodor Rogalski (1901–1954), composer, conductor and pianist, he had composed chamber and symphonic music. He is one of the biggest Romanian masters of orchestration.
- Paul Constantinescu (1909–1963), 20th century composer, best known for religious and vocal music, also wrote music for Romanian films
- Tiberiu Brediceanu (1877-1968)-was a Romanian composer and folklorist;
- Anatol Vieru (1926–1998), winner of the Herder Prize in 1986, his creation includes symphonic, chamber and choral music.
- Ion Ivanovici (1845-1902),was the composer of The Waves of Danube waltz;
- Gheorghe Cucu (1882-1932), was a Romanian folklorist and composer;
- Filaret Barbu (1903-1984), was a Romanian composer, well known for the operetta Ana Lugojana;
- Constantin Dimitrescu (1847-1928), was the composer of Peasant Dance.
- Ion Voicu (1923-1997), was a Romanian violinist;
- Sergiu Celibidache ( 1912-1996 )-was a Romanian composer and conductor;
- Constantin Silvestri (1913-1969),was a composer, who lived in England;
- Alexander Flechtenmacher (1823-1829),was not a Romanian composer, but lived in Romania; he composed the operetta Baba Harca
- Eduard Caudella (1841-1924)-wrote the first Romanian opera, Petru Rares
- Teodor Teodorescu -was the composer of the acapella work Cucul
- Mihail Jora (1891-1971)-was the Parent of Romanian ballet;important works:Intoarcerea din adancuri, La piata etc.
- Dinu Lipatti (1917-1950) was a great Romanian pianist;
- Nicolae Kirculescu (1903-1985) was a Romanian musician. He composed theatre and film music, amongst which "Plutasul pe *Bistriţa", the theme of Teleenciclopedia.
- George Grigoriu (1927-1999) was the composer of The Waves of the Danube operetta;
- Nicolae Bretan (1887–1968) was an Romanian opera composer, also baritone, conductor and critic.
- Paraschiv Oprea (1937-2004) was a Romanian conductor, musician and composer;
- Cornel Trăilescu (1926-)is an Romanian opera composer and conductor.
- Doina Rotaru (1951-) is a Romanian composer of mostly orchestral and chamber works that have been performed throughout the world.
- Cristian Matei (1977-) is a Romanian composer. Matei studied at the National University of Music in Bucharest, film music composition.
- George Balint (1961-) is a Romanian composer.
- Vladimir Cosma (1940-) is a composer and violinist, born in Bucharest, Romania.
- Liviu Dănceanu (1954-)is a Romanian composer;
- Dimitrie Cuclin (1885-1978) was a Romanian classical music composer, musicologist, philosopher, translator, and writer.
- Valentin Gheorghiu (1928-) is a Romanian pianist and composer;
- Ludovic Bacs (1930-) is a Romanian composer, conductor and instrumentalist;
- Johnny Răducanu (1931-) is a Romanian jazz composer and conductor;
- Matei Socor (1908-1980) was a composer and musician;
- Mircea Hoinic (1910-1986) was a composer and conductor;
- Ionel Perlea (1900-1970)-was a Romanian composer and conductor;
- Cornel Ţăranu (1934-) is a Romanian composer from Cluj-Napoca;
- Bogdan Bradu (1968-) is a Romanian composer, singer and violinist;
- Octavian Nemescu (1940-) is a Romanian composer of orchestral, chamber, choral, electroacoustic, multimedia, metamusic, imaginary, and ritual works that have been heard throughout Europe and elsewhere.
- Pascal Bentoiu (1927-) is a Romanian Modernist composer.