List of large wind farms
This is a list of large wind farms, with a generating capacity of 100 megawatts (MW) or more, which are currently operating, under construction, or proposed. Wind power capacity has expanded quickly to 336 GW in June 2014, and wind energy production was about 4% of total worldwide electricity usage, and growing fast.
Wind power is widely used in Europe, and more recently in the United States and Asia. Wind power accounts for approximately 19% of electricity generation in Denmark, 11% in Spain and Portugal, and 9% in the Republic of Ireland.
Operational wind farms[change | change source]
|Alta Wind Energy Center||1,020||USA|||
|Shepherds Flat Wind Farm||845||USA|||
|Roscoe Wind Farm||781.5||USA|||
|Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center||735.5||USA|||
|Capricorn Ridge Wind Farm||662.5||USA|||
|Fântânele-Cogealac Wind Farm||600||Romania|||
|Fowler Ridge Wind Farm||599.8||USA|||
|Sweetwater Wind Farm||585.3||USA|||
|Cedar Creek Wind Farm||551||USA|||
|Buffalo Gap Wind Farm||523.3||USA|||
|London Array||630||United Kingdom|||
|Greater Gabbard||504||United Kingdom|||
|BARD Offshore 1||400||Germany|||
Related pages[change | change source]
- List of renewable energy topics
- Wind power in Denmark
- Wind power in Germany
- Wind power in South Australia
- Wind power in Texas
- Wind power in the United States
- Clyde Wind Farm
- Markbygden Wind Farm
- Gwynt y Môr Wind Farm
Notes[change | change source]
- GWEC, Global Wind Report Annual Market Update
- The World Wind Energy Association (2014). 2014 Half-year Report. WWEA. pp. 1–8.
- Global wind energy markets continue to boom – 2006 another record year Archived 2011-04-07 at the Wayback Machine (PDF).
- Global Wind Energy Council (2009). Global Wind 2008 Report Archived 2011-04-07 at the Wayback Machine, p. 9, accessed on January 4, 2010.
- International Energy Agency (2009). IEA Wind Energy: Annual Report 2008 Archived 2011-09-29 at the Wayback Machine p. 9.
- California U.S. Wind Energy Projects - California Archived 2010-10-07 at the Wayback Machine, Alta Wind Energy Center, 2009
-  Archived 2011-11-16 at the Wayback Machine Industry Statistics, 2Q 2011
-  Archived 2012-09-26 at the Wayback Machine, Shepherd Flat, one of the world's biggest wind farms, up and running in Oregon, 2012
- E.ON Delivers 335-MW of Wind in Texas
- Drilling Down: What Projects Made 2008 Such a Banner Year for Wind Power?
- "AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Texas". Archived from the original on 2007-12-29. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- CEZ: Fantanele-Cogealac Wind Park
- "AWEA: U.S. Wind Energy Projects - Indiana". Archived from the original on 2012-12-28. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Babcock & Brown and BP Announce Full Commercial Operation of one of the Largest Wind Farms in the U.S." Archived from the original on 2007-08-13. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "London Array Project home page". Archived from the original on 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "UK: Greater Gabbard Offshore Wind Farm Generates Power". Retrieved 2012-09-07.
- Anholf Offshore wind farm in 4C Offshore Retrieved 2013-08-27
- German Federal Minister Inaugurates BARD Offshore 1 Retrieved 2013-08-26
- "UK: Walney Offshore Wind Farm Fully Operational". 2012-06-14. Retrieved 2012-06-15.