Lupo (December 2011 – November 2020) was an English Cocker Spaniel owned by Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. He appeared in photographs alongside his owners' son, Prince George of Cambridge.
There was an increase of 50% in the searches on its "Find A Puppy" website in the months following the Royal couple's announcement of their ownership of Lupo. This increased interest has also had the effect of an increase in thefts of English Cocker Spaniels.
Lupo died in November 2020, of unknown causes aged 8 years 11 months.
References[change | change source]
- "Kate in 999 Drama after 'Lupo' Traps Head in Gate". The Mirror. HighBeam Research. 20 July 2013. Archived from the original on 21 September 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Rudd, Andy (22 July 2013). "Kate Middleton labour: How the Duchess of Cambridge's family will back the royal parents". The Mirror. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Now everyone's going loopy for Kate's Lupo". Birmingham Mail. HighBeam Research. 9 March 2012. Archived from the original on 21 September 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Stretch, Euan (8 February 2013). "Dognap: 2 Arrested". The Mirror. HighBeam Research. Archived from the original on 21 September 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Yasharoff, Hannah (22 November 2020). "Prince William, Duchess Kate mourn death of dog Lupo, who was 'at the heart of our family'". USA Today. Retrieved 23 November 2020.