The Manitoba Moose are a professional ice hockey team that play in the American Hockey League (AHL). They play in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, at the MTS Centre. They are the farm team of the Winnipeg Jets.
The team originally played as the Manitoba Moose from 1996 until 2011. They were relocated to St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador and became the St. John's IceCaps, which is the AHL farm team of the Winnipeg Jets. The team played in St. John's for four seasons.
In May 2015, it was announced that the team would be returning to Winnipeg and would be once again be called the Manitoba Moose.
References[change | change source]
- "AHL returning to St. John's". AHL. http://theahl.com/ahl-returning-to-st-john-s-p171319. Retrieved 2011-6-11.
- "Welcome (back) to the Manitoba Moose". Winnipeg Free Press. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/ahl/stjohns/302435751.html. Retrieved 2011-6-11.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Manitoba Moose Official Site
- The Internet Hockey Database - Manitoba Moose (AHL)
- The Internet Hockey Database - Manitoba Moose (IHL)
- Manitoba Moose on CJOB