Margravine Johanna of Baden-Baden
This article needs more sources for reliability. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Auguste of Baden-Baden|
|Duchess of Orléans|
|Tenure||13 July 1724 – 8 August 1726|
|Born||10 November 1704|
Schloss Johannisburg, Bavaria
|Died||8 August 1726 (aged 21)|
Palais-Royal, Paris, France
|Burial||16 August 1726|
|Spouse||Louis d'Orléans, Duke of Orléans|
|Louis Philippe, Duke of Orléans|
Louise Marie, Mademoiselle
|Father||Louis William, Margrave of Baden-Baden|
|Mother||Sibylle of Saxe-Lauenburg|
Auguste of Baden-Baden (Auguste Marie Johanna; 10 November 1704 – 8 August 1726) was born a Margravine of Baden-Baden, she was the Duchess of Orléans by marriage to Louis d'Orléans, Duke of Orléans. Her husband was a grandson of her father's former enemy Louis XIV of France. Known in France as Jeanne or Auguste de Bade, she died in childbirth. She is an ancestor of Louis Philippe I and of several members of royal families of Europe such as the Spanish and Italian as well as the present Grand Duke of Luxemburg.
Issue[change | change source]
- Louis Philippe d'Orléans (12 May 1725 – 18 November 1785) married Louise Henriette de Bourbon.
- Louise Marie d'Orléans (5 August 1726 – 14 May 1728) died in infancy.
Titles, styles, honours and arms[change | change source]
Titles and styles[change | change source]
- 10 November 1704 – 13 July 1724 Her Illustrious Highness Margravine Auguste of Baden-Baden
- 13 July 1724 – 8 August 1726 Her Serene Highness The Duchess of Orléans
References[change | change source]
- Vatout, Jean. Le chateau d'eu: notices historiques, Volume 4. Googlebooks.org. Retrieved 2010-03-25.